Sunday, August 16, 2009

So what's it all about?

Alright, here's the deal...I dig music. What kind of music? Well, that pretty much depends on the mood I'm in, which can run the gamut of...well...just about anything. So being the music fan that I am, I find myself at live shows all the time. I'm talking big stadium concerts, dive bar local gigs, you name it, if it's live music I'm interested.

Well, I figured it's about time that I start documenting some of this stuff and the idea struck me to start a blog (actually, it was totally not my idea, but I'm taking credit for it!). What actually was my idea, is how I'm going to approach this whole thing. My goal with this blog is to check out at least one show per week for one year and write about it right here. Can I do it? Questionable. But I'm gonna give it a shot!

Now I'm a DC guy, so the majority of what you're going to see here will be local stuff in the DC/Baltimore area. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem traveling to see a good show, so every once in awhile you'll get a review/write-up on a gig from some other city (or country).

Concert number 1 comes from the Mayhem Festival at Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, VA, which took place last Sunday, August 9th. There were 13 bands and over 8 hours of music, so it seemed like a perfect place to start.

I hope you enjoy.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment